our logo
Freedom is in you...
You are enough. You are your solution.  
Go Back   paxilprogress > Paxil > Methods of Wellbeing
User Name
Password
Register Moderation Guidelines Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Methods of Wellbeing A discussion on how you're managing your state of health (herbs, vitamins, acupuncture, chiropractic etc.) NO LINKING TO COMMERCIAL SITES PLEASE. Paxilprogress does not investigate nor endorse any supplement program.

Adverse Drug Reaction Reporting    FDA Warnings    Published Withdrawal Studies    Pregnancy Warnings    Forum Psychology

Old 06-12-2006, 11:56 PM   #1
w2kwong

Does magnesium, zinc and omega 3 cause dizziness/spacedout/lighthead to anyone?

Hi everybody. It has been now almost 2 years off any SSRIs and I'm feeling a lot improvement in terms of stupidity, memory and dizziness. At this stage I'm tempted to try a bit of magnesium and fish oil to improve the brain fog ( though not that severe anymore) problem, but I had very horrible experience to many things:

- SJW, Valerian root: Long lasting foggy brain, dizziness, spaceout and disorentiation up to 1 month after stopping

- High dose Vitamin B complex: Long lasting foggy brain, dizziness, spaceout and disorentiation up to 1 month after taking stopping

- Caffeine: Foggy brain and spaceout. A small cup of tea will set my mind foggy for 2 weeks!

- Masturbation: Seems not much related, but it seems to have similar stimulating effect to caffeine and cause brain as well, also last 2 weeks!

I haven't tried magnesium, fish oil and zinc yet due to my scare of similarily long lasting adverse effect, so any comments are appreciated. thanks
w2kwong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 09:49 AM   #2
Scott

Re: Does magnesium, zinc and omega 3 cause dizziness/spacedout/lighthead to anyone?

magnesium shouldn't have that effect

fish oil you'll have to try and see how you react to it. If anything it may upset your stomach depending on the quality, or increase anxiety according to some. There is a good article on omegas/fish oil at the top of the supplement section.

as for masturbation, the only problem with that is you may go blind and plus all your dead relatives see you from beyond and point at you while you're doing it.

What has happened to it all?
Crazy, some are saying
Where is the life that I recognize?
Gone away

But I won't cry for yesterday
There's an ordinary world
Somehow I have to find
And as I try to make my way
To the ordinary world
I will learn to survive

surviving an ssri reaction
alternative anxiety treatments
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 10:28 AM   #3
Katesmom

Re: Does magnesium, zinc and omega 3 cause dizziness/spacedout/lighthead to anyone?

SCOTT!!!!! Behave!

I have bad reactions to every supplement that I have ever tried. They make me anxious and make my blood pressure skyrocket. It does not matter if it is a multivitamin or fish oil, magnesium or whatever. The only vitamins I have ever been able to tolerate were the prescription prenatals. No clue why.

As for masturbation, coming to orgasm causes a flood of hormones in the body. SSRIs act on the endocrin system and it takes a really long time for all of those systems to get back in check after being off of them. This could all be related to each other somehow.

started Paxil Oct. 2003 for PIH
Paxil free since 19 Jul 2005

". . .the cruelest lies are often told without a word. . .the kindest truths are often spoken, never heard." -- Ben Folds
Katesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 10:49 AM   #4
rdjanis
"has a lavender scented keyboard"

w2kwong.... it is so nice of you to drop in. Has been quite a long time!

Glad you are feeling improvement, time is your answer, it will keep getting better.

As for the masturbation, I think Scott answered that one LOL
Old 06-13-2006, 12:41 PM   #5
zappelina

Ah w2kwong, long time no see! There are lots of people who canīt tolerate supplements in withdrawal, all you can do is try and see what happens. Iīm definitely done with them, wonīt touch them again. In fact my most horrible reactions have been to magnesium and fish oil but there are people who benefit from them so letīs hope they do you some good.

2004 tapered Zoloft too quickly after sudden onset of muscle stiffness and extreme restlessness on full dose. Severe and prolonged WD problem with a long list of symptoms. Considerable mental but very little physical improvement so far. Last Zoloft dose April 18 2004.
zappelina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 12:48 PM   #6
w2kwong

hi thanks for answering. sorry I can't quite get the humour of what scott meant for the masturbation thing due to poor english . Anyway may I ask Katesmom, you said fish oil and magnesium made you sicker, and how long did it last? I just can't afford to lose another month to sick side effect as what happended when I tried vitamin B before.
Old 06-13-2006, 12:52 PM   #7
Katesmom

Well, they made my blood pressure go way up, but only for the time they were in my body. So, by two days after, I was 'back to normal.' I do know that others have taken supplements, though, and have suffered major setbacks that have lasted a long time. This is particularly prevalent with things like St. John's wort or 5-htp. Just avoid that stuff and eat a healthy diet.

". . .the cruelest lies are often told without a word. . .the kindest truths are often spoken, never heard." -- Ben Folds
Old 06-13-2006, 08:10 PM   #8
w2kwong

I agree with Katesmom. SJW is the worst thing I've ever tried. I've been actually wondering whether my long term withdrawal is due to Prozac or SJW ( which I immediately took after coming off all SSRI ). So Zappelina how long did your reaction to Mg and OMG lasted? just couple of days or weeks?
Old 06-13-2006, 08:13 PM   #9
w2kwong

And also, increasing blood pressure and anxiety I may be able to withstand, but definitely not fog brain or spacedout feeling as I need to study. That's my main concern of whether the two supplements can cause as what SJW, vit-B, caffeine...etc can do. Does Katesmom felt this reaction too?
Old 06-13-2006, 08:55 PM   #10
Katesmom

No, they make me feel like I'm on speed. I can't tolerate them for more than a couple of doses. The reaction is almost immediate and unbearable. No brain fog. I only feel spaced out in that my thoughts are going so fast that I can't keep up with them and focus on one thing. I can't stand still. I shake my leg rapidly when I sit and fidgit constantly. My pulse pounds. Terrible.

Old 06-14-2006, 01:32 AM   #11
zappelina

w2, my reactions to magnesium and fish oil have been bad but they didnīt last long, only a few days. I donīt think I would react to these things during normal circumstances but Iīm physically very ill and have been so throughout withdrawal so my reactions are extreme and shouldnīt happen to most people. Iīve had breathing problems all the time, itīs like the signals from the brain donīt work and magnesium almost made me stop breathing completely, y legs got stiffer and I got more walking difficulties. Things I eat come out through my lungs, mucose membranes and skin, it probably doesnīt go into the cells or something, and I got very weird reactions to fish oil. Tried it a few times and the same thing happens every time. A few hours after taking the oil I can start picking hard little fibre like twigs out of my mouth, they come out everywhere. So no more strange supplements for me.

2004 tapered Zoloft too quickly after sudden onset of muscle stiffness and extreme restlessness on full dose. Severe and prolonged WD problem with a long list of symptoms. Considerable mental but very little physical improvement so far. Last Zoloft dose April 18 2004.
zappelina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 02:01 AM   #12
w2kwong

After couple of days of trial on the two supplements, this is how I seemed to react, tho not sure if they're due to psychological factors or not:

Magnesium - Quite sedating and slowing down my brain when a dose of 300mg elemental quantity is taken per day. 600mg made my reaction time much slower. The one I took was magnesium citrate (500mg/100mg).

Fish Oil - At medium dose 6g/day it seemed to raise alertness a bit and cause insomnia. A high does of 12g or more causes dizziness.

Has anyone felt the similar reaction as I do? If fish oil is causing that insomnia would it help if I take it in the morning instead of before bedtime?
Old 07-07-2006, 11:01 AM   #14
Avraham

You need blackstrap molasses. Although it's not a great source of B vitamins, which at this point--post withdrawal, 2 years!--you are going to start to need again. I'd suggest for healthy eating beans and molasses; it can be a bit bland tasting, and sometimes like tar and beans, but I am sure you can find a variety of recipes on the net.

EDIT: I've had multiple labs and I've never been shown to be deficient of anything; I'm a vegetarian and usually, vegetarians are deficient in many ways, if they don't know how to eat properly.
Avraham is offline   Reply With Quote